- Homework assistance at both the homes in Helderkruin, Roodepoort, Johannesburg. They should be able to converse fluently in Afrikaans and a commitment of working one school day every week for at least 6 months.
- Minders / chaperones to escort children on school / sport / therapy outings. Should have a valid driver’s license and own transport.
- Mature young female volunteers to assist at home for traumatised girls in Roodepoort, Johannesburg. Duties include helping to prepare supper, bathing, hair and nail maintenance, reading of bedtime stories and packing of lunchboxes for school. Commitment of at least one day per week, Sunday to Friday, for 6 months.
- Volunteers at home for HIV positive and mentally disabled children to do hair and nail maintenance, pack lunchboxes and read bedtime stories. Commit to one hour per week for at least 6 months.
- Once a years’ commitment for operational costs has been secured for the baby section, applications for volunteers who will commit to 6 hours a week for at least 6 months will be accepted.
Since we work with vulnerable children, all the above volunteers need to fill in application form, supply police clearance and 2 references. All effort will be made to assign volunteers to a time that suits them
Groups / Businesses / CSI innitiatives
• Arrange outings / picnics / movie days for children.
• Help with maintenance like painting and building
• Arrange birthday parties
• Arrange Christmas party (to be initiated in July)
• Arrange golf days / ladies tea / or other fundraising initiatives